Grease: Live! sets Australian air date

Fans of everyone’s problematic fave, rejoice! You now have plans for this Tuesday night that do not include an illegal and technologically sketchy livestream link to watch Grease: Live – because you’ll be watching it on the Win network instead!

Probably no point changing the marketing strategy now, this image has worked for thirty years... Picture credit to Fox.
Probably no point changing the marketing strategy now, this image has worked for thirty years… Picture credit to Fox.

Following in the footsteps of NBC’s recent hit format, FOX will air a live presentation of audience favourite, Grease, this coming weekend.

Starring Broadway boy Aaron Tveit as Danny Zuko and East High Wildcat alumni Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo, the production promises all the songs we know and love, as well as enough hair product to literally glue you to your seats.

Advertised as airing in Victoria at 8.30pm on Tuesday 2 February, I recommend that you check your local TV guide for the official listing, because time zone differences confuse me.

Good luck, friends.

Ignore the misogyny of the show and invest your emotional expectations instead in the thought of Tveiters appearing in front of you wearing tight black clothing.

I’ll be watching with the equal hope that the televised production will encourage a new generation of theatre lovers to join our ranks, but also a little bit because this broadcast could be a well-intentioned disaster.

Maddi Ostapiw

Maddi is a performer who has been too scared to stand in the spotlight for the last few years, so she channels her need for love and appreciation into writing about the theatre instead. An energetic consumer of musical theatre, she is currently earning a degree in journalism and teaches voice in her small hometown. Maddi is normally covered in cat fur, has an opinion on everything, and in the words of Lin-Manuel Miranda, is not throwing away her shot.

Maddi Ostapiw

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *