Sound Of Music Children’s auditions for Sydney: Applications open

The producers of The Sound of Music are on the hunt for 18 incredibly talented children to participate in the Sydney season of this exciting new revival starring Cameron Daddo and Amy Lehpamer.

The Sound of Music at the London Palladium. Image by Cylla von Tiedemann.
The Sound of Music at the London Palladium. Image by Cylla von Tiedemann.

Opening at the Capitol Theatre on 13 December this year, three casts of children will share the roles of Friedrick, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and Gretl – the six youngest members of the famous von Trapp family! The eldest sister, Leisl, has already been cast and will be played by Stefanie Jones (South Pacific, Once).

The children are expected to have a high level of skill in acting, dancing and singing (including part singing with harmonies). All audition applicants must be residents (and schooled) in NSW and live within one hour’s drive of the CBD.

Auditions will be held on 6 and 7 September, with call backs the following days.

Further information and application forms are available from: soundofmusictour.com.au/auditions

This lavish and critically acclaimed London Palladium production tells the uplifting true story of the von Trapp family’s flight across the mountains and works its magic, for young and old alike. It features an unforgettable score that includes some of the most famous songs ever performed on stage, including ‘My Favorite Things’, ‘Edelweiss’, ‘Do-Re-Mi’, ‘Sixteen Going On Seventeen’, ‘The Lonely Goatherd’, ‘Climb Ev’ry Mountain’ and the title song, ‘The Sound of Music’.

The Australian production of The Sound of Music will be led by Amy Lehpamer (Once, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) as Maria Rainer and Cameron Daddo (Legally Blonde, Big River) as Captain Georg von Trapp, starring alongside Marina Prior (Mary Poppins, The Secret Garden) as Baroness Schraeder, Jacqueline Dark (Opera Australia’s Aida, Don Giovanni) as Mother Abbess, Lorraine Bayly (Calendar Girls, The Sullivans) as Frau Schmidt, David James (Playschool, Avenue Q) as Max Detweiler and newcomer Du Toit Bredenkamp as Rolf.

This acclaimed production of the legendary Rodgers and Hammerstein musical premiered in 2006 at the home of West End musical theatre, the London Palladium, where it celebrated a record-breaking 954 performances seen by well over 2 million people, before going on to enjoy sell-out seasons internationally.

www.soundofmusictour.com.au

SYDNEY
Capitol Theatre, Sydney
From 13 December 2015

Erin James

Erin James is AussieTheatre.com's former Editor in Chief and a performer on both stage and screen. Credits include My Fair Lady, South Pacific and The King and I (Opera Australia), Love Never Dies and Cats (Really Useful Group), Blood Brothers (Enda Markey Presents), A Place To Call Home (Foxtel/Channel 7) and the feature film The Little Death (written and directed by Josh Lawson).

Erin James

2 thoughts on “Sound Of Music Children’s auditions for Sydney: Applications open

• Hello, My boys would like to audition for the Sound of Music. Every time I try to get on to http://www.soundofmusictour.com.au it states that the account has been closed. Please advise if the auditions are still open as stated on this site. Thanking you, kind regards

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *