We catch up with Rob Mills – Australia’s original Fiyero in Wicked – to ask him AussieTheatre.com’s 20 Questions.
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I really wanted to play football (Aussie Rules), but I was always performing and singing as a kid.
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you?
My manager I think. She helps me with everything. Without her I would be lost.
3. What animal best represents you and why?
I think if this question was posed to me a few years ago, I would have said “chameleon”. But now, I would say a chimpanzee. I’m a bit cheeky, love my family and friend community.
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away?
I was already on the show, and I think my home viewer won $15,000! I walked away with that. However I gambled on about 50k, oops. Got too greedy.
5. What’s the worst date you’ve ever had?
I don’t think I have ever had a bad date…
6. Windows or MAC?
Mac for sure… but it took me years to convert. Now, I will never go back!
7. Which Spice Girl was your favourite?
I had a thing Scary Spice. Fact.
8. Who is the actor you would most like to work alongside?
I would love to work alongside Hugh Jackman. Maybe play his little brother.
9. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
For You I Will – Teddy Geiger
Whole Lotta Love – Led Zepplin
Speak – Ben Abraham
Be Here Now – Ray LaMontagne
Goodbye – Hootie and the Blowfish?
10. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
That we put on incredible shows and we don’t have to fly all the way to London or New York. We have such amazing talent in this country. I feel blessed to have been accepted into their loving famiy.
11. What is the worst thing about theatre in Australia?
Not enough shows!
12. Favourite food?
Hands down, it’s chicken. Any type. Any where.
13. What would you do if you found a wallet on the ground?
Hand it in to either the venue I was in or to the police?
14. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Probably being a paper boy. The hours were ridiculous and the pay was not good at all. I didn’t last long. I think it was then I worked out I was a night owl, not an early riser.
15. What’s the first website you visit when you come online?
I’m a little ashamed to say…. Facebook.
16. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content.
I do that every day. I am so very fortunate for the love and support I have around me from family and friends. And I am one of the lucky ones who gets to do what I love for a job.??
17. Red or white?
Depends on the meal and or weather.
18. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
I really loved the history of Rome and Athens.
19. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
I got a wave from Lady Gaga the other night.
20.Where do you see yourself in five years?
I’m hoping in film and TV. And still on stage of course.