Think you’ve got what it takes to beat our community’s musical theatre masterminds?
Test your musical theatre knowledge on the 15 questions below.
1. Which long-running West End musical was written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone?
Book of Mormon
The Lion King
2. West Side Story is based on which of these Shakespeare plays?
A Winter's Tale
Romeo and Juliet
3. What is the minimum number of seats a New York theatre must have to be considered a 'Broadway' theatre?
4. In the musical Mary Poppins, the Banks family lives on Cherry Tree Lane, but at what number?
5. Phantom's mask covers which side of his face?
6. How many Oscars has Andrew Lloyd Webber won?
7. ‘I Could Have Danced All Night’, ‘The Rain In Spain’ and ‘Get Me to the Church on Time’, are all songs from which musical?
My Fair Lady
8. What is Connor's surname in the musical Dear Evan Hansen?
9. Jean Valjean, Fantine and Javert are characters from which musical?
Phantom of the Opera
Beauty and the Beast
10. In which rock musical, with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Lyrics by Richard Stilgoe, do the actors perform the entire show on roller skates?
We Will Rock You
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
11. Which musical is set among the students at New York’s High School For The Performing Arts?
High School Musical
12. Which character was played by Renée Zellweger in the film adaptation of Chicago?
Matron 'Mama' Morton
13. What Tony Award-winning musical premiered in April 1996?
Jesus Christ Superstar
14. For which animated musical film did Sir Elton John win an Academy Award for Best Original Song?
The Lion King
15. What musical is based on a book by Gregory Maguire?
Share the quiz to show your results !
Submit your details now to enter the prize draw
Musical Theatre Trivia
%%score%% of %%total%% answered correctly