Event Summit 2020 has just announced that the Live Entertainment Industry Forum (LEIF) will headline a stellar line-up of speakers who will appear at the industry conference filmed at The Calyx, Royal Botanic Garden and streamed exclusively on Twitch on 14 October.
The Event Summit is a unique one-day conference for the event and experience industry. The conference brings together the industry’s most innovative and diligent stakeholders to share best practice experiences, insights, tips and techniques.
The panel, hosted by industry heavyweights James Sutherland (LEIF Chair), Geoff Jones (CEO, TEG) and Roger Field (President, Live Nation Asia Pacific) will share the progress and key strategic direction of the Forum, which was established during the COVID crisis to provide a uniformed voice of the live entertainment industry in supporting the COVID-safe reactivation of events with live audiences across Australia.
The opening session will include a first-look presentation by Matt Colston, Associate Partner Sports, Events and Venues Consulting at EY, who has partnered with LEIF on the first ever study to assess the economic contribution of the live entertainment industry, the impact of COVID-19 on the sector and the economic outlook for recovery.
LEIF Chair James Sutherland said;
This is a critical time for our industry to unite on a roadmap to bring fans safely back to events and bring jobs quickly back to the live sector, which has been brought to its knees by the event of the last six months and is still facing an uncertain future. We are thrilled to be partnering with the Event Summit 2020 to discuss the important work we have been doing with LEIF to that end and to share the important research developed by EY that will help shape the industry’s vision for how we recover as quickly and as safely as possible.
The full line up of speakers include:
- The Hon Stuart Ayres, Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney: Event Open.
- Craig Tiley, CEO Tennis Australia: The Australian Open 2021.
- David Borean General Manager Brand and Customer Experience NEC Australia: Biometrics and AI, CX game changers for venues and events.
- Nicola Lewis, Chief Investment Officer GroupM, Sally Spriggs KFC South Pacific Marketing Director, Shannan Quinn, PRISM MD: Event Sponsorships in a COVID World and beyond
- Johnny Little, Vice President Tough Mudder: Case Study 2020 US Event, Forging Forward with a COVID Safe event.
- Luke Anear, Chief Executive Officer Safety Culture: Helping Organisations build immunity to risk.
- Andrew Waddel, General Manager, Tourism New Zealand, Lewis Mitchel Partnership Lead, Twitch AUNZ , Jessie James (Geekgg), Twitch content creator, Ricky Chanana Head of Sales AUNZ Twitch: The future of live streaming and content.
- Richie O’Neill – CEO Hardware Group, John Curtin – Director Curtin Consulting, Frank Cotela – CEO and Founder OneLove Music Group, Kim Friedlaender, Business Development Director Live Nation Australasia Festival X: Launching a new music festival brand, building and retaining new audience.
Event Summit Director, Sam Jackson says;
As an event professional with over 20 years’ experience, I have personally felt the impact COVID-19 has had on our industry. Whilst we look forward to a time that large events take place, we are highly encouraged by the progress NSW and Australia has made in eliminating COVID cases. With this in mind, we have made the decision for Event Summit be a part of the solution and contribute to the long-term goal of bringing our industry back to life. We have an agenda full of engaging expert content that is completely free, provided by our streaming partner, Twitch. We’d like to thank our speakers, sponsors and contributors for their emphatic response to this year’s summit. They have all provided significant resources to ensure Event Summit 2020 will go ahead, completely free, to help get our industry back on its feet.
Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney Stuart Ayres said;
There is no doubt that this year has been incredibly challenging, particularly for those working in the events industry. The Event Summit presents an exciting opportunity for event professionals to learn from the best, as we all work together to rebuild the industry and come back stronger than ever.
The Event Summit which is traditionally $990 per ticket will be completely free of charge for attendees on October 14, 2020. Originally intended to be a physical event, the organisers have made the important decision to partner with Twitch TV to make the conference totally virtual.
On registration, attendees will have the option to make a non-compulsory donation of $50 – $150 to Support Act.
Craig Tiley, 2018 Event Summit Speaker, CEO of Tennis Australia and Director of the Australian Open, states;
The Event Summit is a great opportunity to connect with the event community. There is nothing like learning from others and hearing about best practice. The Event Summit is a fantastic platform for building a growth mindset in events.
When: The Event Summit will run from 7.30am to 7:00pm on Wednesday 14 October 2020.
Event Summit will be streamed from: The Calyx, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Twitch Channel: EventSummit
Registration: Head to www.eventsummit.com.au to register your interest
Cost: Free to attend. Non-compulsory donations from $50 + GST with all proceeds to Support Act.