On Monday 29 April, six Sydney performers will take to the stage for the chance to become the inaugural Project X winner as part of Broadway Unplugged’s April event.
Project X – a joint initiative of AussieTheatre and Broadway Unplugged – is a competition that has been giving up-and-coming performers the chance to shine onstage in a supportive environment since June 2012.
Six heats of Project X have taken place over the last 6 months and the finalists have been selected by online voters on AussieTheatre‘s voting pages.
Helena Wehbe, Paul Smith, Sebastian Lush, Amanda Hall, Coral Mercer-Jones and Charlotte Kerr will battle it out for the chance to win a fully produced, solo show and a host of other prizes.
The judging panel for the evening will consist of Margi de Ferranti, Fiona Sullivan, Erin James, Matt Edwards, Amanda Buckworth and producer George Youakim.
A fantastic package of prizes has been assembled for the winning contestant including:
- A Fully produced, solo show at The Vanguard – Produced by James Anthony Productions (Musical Direction by Bev Kennedy)
- Mentoring and show development sessions with Margi de Ferranti
- A headshot and photography package courtesy of Blueprint Studios
- 5 weekly sessions of Image and Lifestyle Coaching courtesy of ByFerial Image and Colour Consultants
- A professional artist website courtesy of Emptyhead Designs
- A showreel production package courtesy of OnlineFootprint
- Publicity provided by AB Publicity
Check out the video footage of all the finalists here
Broadway Unplugged’s traditional Open Mic night will commence at 9:30pm after the finalists have completed their sets.
42 King Street, Newtown
Monday 29 April
$10 general / $15 Reserved Seating / $50 dinner and show (includes main meal)
Open Mic registration: www.broadwayunplugged.com.au