Are you an artist looking to produce a new, original and innovative work?
Perth’s Blue Room Theatre may present the opportunity you have been looking for.
Supporting innovative, independent and new live performance and theatre in Perth, The Blue Room Theatre yesterday announced round one of applications for new works to be included in its 2013 season.
Established in 1989 as The Performing Arts Society by a group of artists, The Blue Room continues to provide performance and production opportunities for artists in Perth.
Presenting 16 performances annually The Blue Room seeks to produce new performance, innovative ideas and exceptional performing artists in a program of original, live performance.
Artists keen to apply are required to set up a meeting with Blue Room Theatre producer Susannah Day prior to submission. Regional and interstate applications are welcome to be conducted via skype or telephone.
Following the interview an application to produce the show must be received by Friday 12 October 2012.
Works will be selected by an independent panel, based on given criteria:
* Artistic Merit: The cultural value of the work with particular regard to supporting cultural diversity and/or providing opportunities for the professional development of the artists involved.
* Suitability: The extent to which the production forms a cohesive season of new works and is able to be produced realistically with the resources available through The Blue Room Theatre.
* Planning: The extent to which the creative team have thought about all aspects of planning including production management, audience development and promotional strategies.
* Experience: The collective experience of the artists involved and the level of opportunity that this production provides in supporting and developing the practitioners involved.
* Innovation: The extent to which the ideas, form or content of the work is approached in a new and fresh way that is responsive and reflective of contemporary society.
If selected artists will be offered four week access to one of two fully equipped venues with a three week production season. Throughout the engagement artists will receive professional support as well as a production and access to a mentorship fund.
For further information or to arrange an interview email Susannah Day on [email protected] or call 08 9227 7005 on or before 02 October 2012.