The week that was:
Queen & GFO have announced that We Will Rock You is returning to Australia next year for a national tour. Audition notices will be going out next month.
- Rumours are flying about Ghost and Hedwig and the Angry Inch also touring Australia in the near future.
- Matilda the Musical opened in Sydney on Thursday to rave reviews. Read our review.
- The Sound of Music Sydney children’s auditions are being held on September 6 & 7. Applications close next Tuesday (August 25) at 5pm. Register on their website.
- The Rob Guest Endowment announced their top 30 semi-finalists. Congratulations to everyone who auditioned.
- Nice Work If You Can Get It starring Esther Hannaford and Rohan Browne closes in Melbourne tomorrow. Read our review. Tickets are still available for the final show.
What to watch out for Next Week:
- The cast of Les Misérables will perform a charity concert raising money in support of beyondblue Tomorrow (Sunday 23 August) at 8pm at the Capitol Theatre, Sydney.
Tickets available through TicketMaster.
- An announcement will be made on Monday 24 August confirming the full cast of Georgy Girl – The Seekers Musical which will have its world premiere at Her Majesty’s Theatre Melbourne on 22 December 2015. Judith Durham, Athol Guy and Keith Potger from the Seekers will be in attendance at the announcement at Melbourne’s Sidney Myer Music Bowl.
Now Playing & Coming Soon:
New South Wales:
Matilda the Musical – Now playing at Sydney Lyric Theatre
Les Miserables – Now Playing at the Capitol Theatre until 18 October.
Transferring to QPAC, QLD from 10 November.
The Lion King – Now playing at the Regent Theatre Melbourne until 1 November.
Transferring to the Crown Theatre, WA from 18 November.
Strictly Ballroom – Now playing at Her Majesty’s Theatre until 26 August.
Transferring to QPAC, QLD from 9 September.
Nice Work If You Can Get It – Now playing at the State Theatre until 23 August.
Dirty Dancing – Now playing at the Crown Theatre until 6 September.
Transferring to Adelaide Festival Centre, S.A. from 2 October.
Did we miss something or is there something you would like included in next weeks column? Leave a comment below or send us an email through our contact page.