The week that was:
- The first preview of Anything Goes at the Sydney Opera House is today, Saturday 5 September, with the official opening night on Tuesday 8 September. The cast are excited and tapping away hard on the Joan Sutherland Theatre stage.
- High Society had their first show at the Hayes Theatre last night and plays to 3 October. More Information.
- Dirty Dancing closes on Sunday in Perth, and it will be Mark Vincent’s last performance as Billy Kostecki. James D Smith takes over as Billy for the Adelaide season, which begins on 2 October, with James Byers moving into the role of Jordan.
- The Sound of Music childrens auditions for the Sydney cast begin this weekend – over 1000 kids are auditioning for the 18 roles (3 casts of 6 children).
- The Highway Run Productions production of Rent at the Hayes Theatre begins rehearsal on Monday, ahead of their October opening.
- From Broadway to La Scala starring Lisa McCune, Teddy Tahu Rhodes, David Hobson and Greta Bradman opened in Brisbane this week and is on in Adelaide tonight. It will head to Sydney, Melbourne and Perth over the next few weeks. Move information.
What to watch out for Next Week:
- Watch out for the We Will Rock You season announcements coming very soon.
- Stricly Ballroom opens at QPAC, QLD on 9 September.
Now Playing & Coming Soon:
New South Wales:
Matilda the Musical – Now playing at Sydney Lyric Theatre
Les Miserables – Now Playing at the Capitol Theatre until 18 October.
Transferring to QPAC, QLD from 10 November.
Anything Goes – Now Playing at the Sydney Opera House.
High Society – Now playing at the Hayes Theatre.
The Lion King – Now playing at the Regent Theatre Melbourne until 1 November.
Transferring to the Crown Theatre, WA from 18 November.
Strictly Ballroom – Opening at QPAC, QLD from 9 September.
Dirty Dancing – Now playing at the Crown Theatre until 6 September.
Transferring to Adelaide Festival Centre, S.A. from 2 October.
Did we miss something or is there something you would like included in next weeks column? Leave a comment below or send us an email through our contact page.