Warm Me Up: Singers app updated and on sale
The iPhone app, Warm Me Up!, is designed to replace carrying around your own pianist, which can be cumbersome to say the least. It allows you to set your desired warm up time and voice type and it randomly selects from 50 exercises in five categories. It then assembles a unique warm up for you, taking you through a gentle beginning and ending in vocal stretching and articulation exercises.
The ability to do a different warm up each day is the killer feature for me. For years I warmed up to recordings of singing lessons or vocal coaches and found that doing the same warm up everyday meant I was working on auto pilot. This keeps you on your toes, listening and engaged in your voice.
I’ve listed the new features below, but the one that stands out for me is the ability to run the app in the background. Although I may now attempt to multitask during my warm ups, the fact that my phone can be used to text or complete other tasks while Warm Me Up is running is absolutely fantastic.
- Warm Me Up now runs as a background task allowing you to operate other applications while your warm up continues to play.
- Create your own custom warm ups and save them.
- Add exercises from different voice types to your warm ups.
- Save a random warm up to use again later or modify.
- Warm Me Up is now AirPlay Compatible so you can play your warm ups wirelessly to a compatible stereo, iPod Dock or Apple TV on your network.
- View the range of your current exercise on the stave.
- Tweet from within the app while you exercise.
Warm Me Up! was developed by Luke Hunter, Vicky Jacobs and David Young. A trio of Australian singing teacher / vocal coach / musical directors that have worked extensively across Australia and Internationally on productions such as Jersey Boys, Xanadu, Wicked, Mamma Mia, and Les Mis.
The app is available from the iPhone app store and is on sale for the next few days for only $1.99 (UPDATE: I think the sale has ended and it is back to full price. Still a great App at any price.)
If you are a singer of any level I guarantee you will use this app extensively.
Check it out: Warm Me Up!