A Quick Chat With Clare Pickering
Clare Pickering is currently rehearsing for her latest show ‘4’ for PlaySix – the very best of short dramatic writing in Melbourne.
Since graduating from the Ensemble Studios in Sydney Clare has performed in countless shows, short films, commercials, corporate videos and promotion.
Film, television and voice over credits include Blackjack Ghosts, the award winning Tommy The Kid and Cops LAC.
The PlaySix event is Clare’s first foray onto the Melbourne stage since moving here in September 2011.
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you?
3. What animal best represents you and why?
A kitten because I am easily amused, easily distracted and I still haven’t quite grown up.
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away? Not much! I’m an actor so any money is good!
5. What was the first piece of theatre/film/TV you ever appeared in and how old were you?
The nativity scene at Christmas when I was about 5. Believe it or not, I was an angel!
6. Windows or MAC?
New to MAC and loving it.
7. What is your favourite food?
8. What has been the most exciting/memorable moment in rehearsals for your show in PlaySix so far?
Currently rehearsing ‘4’ and most memorable moment was meeting my past and future ‘self’ – confused? Come and see the show!
9. Never work with children or animals – discuss.
I wish they would stop upstaging me!
10. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside?
This is tough…I am swapping number of options from Q 11. So: Claudia Karvan, Toni Collette, Guy Pearce, Helena Bonham Carter and Sean Penn
11. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
OK I only have 1 option (see Q 10) “Somebody That I Used To Know.” Just love this song.
12. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
The people – the actors, crew and the new venues I am discovering in Melbourne.
13. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content.
This is pretty much a daily occurrence for me!
14. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
15. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
16. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Running my own Production Company, working in film and finally achieving my childhood dream of singing professionally.
Questions From Your Peers (written by previous artists featured in ‘A Quick Chat With’)
Matt Holly Wrote: Most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you onstage?
Having a panic attack and not being able to breath. I can laugh about it now but goodness that was tough. Thankfully it was when I was at drama school so I survived!
Francine Cain wrote: What’s your life motto?
Every twist, every turn and every stumble just leads to better and better things!
Gillian Cosgriff wrote: If you hadn’t been born here, in this century, when and where would you like to have lived?
Europe in the 1900s.
Naomi Livingstone wrote: What’s your biggest phobia?
PlaySix is playing at the Williamstown Little Theatre, 2-4 Albert St Williamstown
Thursday 8 December, 8pm
Friday 9 December, 8pm
Saturday 10 December, 3pm
Sunday 11 December, 8pm