A Quick Chat With Debora Krizak
We catch up with Debora Krizak from Calendar Girls…
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you?
My husband, my kids and my mum
3. What animal best represents you and why?
A budgie – Gregarious, sprightly and a little bit quirky.
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away?
5. What’s the worst date you’ve ever had?
I was the date on offer for a radio promo ad and ended up with an 18 year old guy who predictably forgot his wallet!
6. Windows or MAC?
Still windows ?
7. Which Spice Girl was your favourite?
8. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside?
9. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
1927 – If I Could
Wang Chung – Let’s Go
Bob Carlisle – Butterfly Kisses
Pink Floyd – Great Gig in the Sky
Status Quo – Whatever You Want
10. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
You always know everyone at the callbacks!
11. What is the worst thing about theatre in Australia?
Not enough support and avenues for new, up & coming talent
12. Favourite food?
Hot chips & chocolate, much to my dismay
13. What would you do if you found a wallet on the ground?
Hand it in or try to contact the owner. It’s karma
14. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
‘Spruiker’ for Myer in Adelaide
15. What’s the first website you visit when you come online?
Facebook. Sadly, it’s the only way for me to keep in touch these days
16. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content
When I first held my newborn twins to my chest and gave thanks for their miracle.
17. Red or white?
Red as in colour, white as in wine.
18. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
Papua New Guinea / Croatia
19. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
I’m currently working with Aussie icon Lorraine Bayly which is a thrill every night but other than that I would have to say meeting Gene Simmons from KISS was definitely a highlight. He made a comment that I had a “great set of lungs”. He’d never heard me sing….Get my drift!!
20. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Reaching my true potential in Aussie theatre and if the gods have it, performing in a show on the West End, one where I can drag the family and set up camp for a year….but only a year. I love Australia too much.