We catch up with Matt Holly — cast member of West Side Story (2010) and current cast member of Love Never Dies — to ask him our 20 questions (+1)
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Astronaut. Gave up after about two minutes realising how much work it would be.
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you?
Well, my whole family but more specifically my Mum.
3. What animal best represents you and why?
Monkey. Heaps of energy, really jumpy, fleas.
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away?
So much less than when I’m paying at home. Enough for a really good trip.
5. What’s the worst date you’ve ever had?
I am one big, bad date.
6. Windows or MAC?
MAC all the way!
7. Which Spice Girl was your favourite?
Nobody wants to say Posh but you have to admire someone who can’t sing or dance who made it to where she did!
8. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside?
9. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
Muse : Undisclosed Desires
Winehouse : Tears Dry On Their Own
Beatles : Revolution
Dolly Parton : Jolene
Matt Cusson : Comfortable
10. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
The sense of community and the people you get to work alongside.
11. What is the worst thing about theatre in Australia?
I’m yet to have my own dressing room. Just awful.
12. Favourite food?
Creamy, really bad for my arteries, Pasta.
13. What would you do if you found a wallet on the ground?
Take it to the police. Someone has done it for me before (twice). So if i didn’t I think it would be a pretty big Eff You to the universe.
14. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Calendar Club is pretty up there!
15. What’s the first website you visit when you come online?
16. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content.
In recent memory the last trip I did to cambodia. Front of the small wooden boat, Beer in hand, cruising through these beautiful, tiny Islands. Felt like I was the only person in the world!
17. Red or white?
18. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
Again, of all the places probably Cambodia.
19. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
Brunch with Colin Firth. Never felt so cool or unintelligent.
20. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Who knows! Hopefully still performing!
+ 1 Question from Michael Ralph, the last person to answer AussieTheatre.com’s 20 Questions:
What was the last thing you watched on t.v.?
Wasn’t t.v. but online. Go Back To Where You Came From. Everyone must see it!