Josie Lane is currently performing in the Sydney season of Fame at the Capitol Theatre.
Josie Lane is currently performing in the Sydney season of Fame at the Capitol Theatre, which closes on November 28 after an Australian tour.
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to perform!
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you?
I don’t have one, but many important people who make it special.
3. What animal best represents you and why?
Not a dog!
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away?
It wouldn’t matter to me – Deal or No Deal is the funniest show on TV. I want to be on it!
5. What’s the worst date you’ve ever had?
I’ve never really had a “date”, so I haven’t had a bad one – just general getting-to-know-you awkwardness!
6. Windows or MAC?
7. Which Spice Girl was your favourite?
Posh – she was the hottest, but the worst in the band. Hilarious!
8. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside?
I’ve already worked alongside Mitchell Butel, so really… is there anyone else?!
9. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
Ain’t No Way – Aretha Franklin
Rimshot – Erykah Badu
Valerie – Amy Winehouse
Man in the Mirror – Michael Jackson
One Moment in Time – Whitney Houston
10. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
That you can have a drink with your peers – no matter who they are!
11. What is the worst thing about theatre in Australia?
Not enough of it!
12. Favourite food?
Mushroom and pineapple pizza from Mackay Street Pizza in Potts Point… (I wonder if this earns me freebies??!!)
13. What would you do if you found a wallet on the ground?
I’d ask people around the area if it was their’s.
14. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
Working at a reception centre, singing in Russian – I can’t speak Russian!!
15. What’s the first website you visit when you come online?
16. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content
The day I finished Avenue Q and realised I could rest my arms.
17. Red or white?
Red – the pinot variety.
18. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
It’s a tie between Japan and London
19. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
Hugo Weaving and Cate Blanchett
20. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully with a job!