We catch up with Stephanie Silcock, currently appearing in ANNIE at The Lyric Theatre, The Star, to ask her AussieTheatre.com’s 20 questions.
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be Annie actually. I used to practice all her lines in my lounge room…..I’ll have to settle for being an adult in the show now!
2. Who is the most important person in the world to you?
Well I can’t just name one……my whole family is most important to me.
3. What animal best represents you and why?
I don’t know if it represents me best but I probably feel most like a cat. I’m sure that’s from doing the show for so long.
4. If you were a contestant on Deal or No Deal, how much would you need to be on offer before you walked away?
I really can’t afford to be too picky but $20000 would be pretty amazing.
5. What was the first piece of theatre/film/TV you ever appeared in and how old were you?
My first professional musical theatre show was CATS.
6. Windows or MAC?
7. What has been the most exciting/memorable moment ANNIE so far?
The first day we had rehearsals with the dogs! And when our Annies sang ‘Tomorrow’ for the first time.
8. Never work with children or animals – discuss.
I don’t know why people wouldn’t want to work with both! We have children and animals in ANNIE and it has been the most amazing time.
9. Who is the actor you would be most like to work alongside?
Just one? Um, Johnny Depp, Jack Nicholson or Meryl Streep
10. What five songs would be the first you put a mix tape?
‘On My Own’ by Lea Salonga
‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen
‘You Raise Me Up’ by Josh Groban
‘Piano Man’ by Billy Joel
‘Living On a Prayer’ by Bon Jovi?
11. What is the best thing about theatre in Australia?
Erin James – super swing!
12. Name one moment when you looked around, breathed happily and felt content.
I try to have a moment daily.
13. Where is the most interesting place you have travelled?
Buenos Aires, Argentina, to learn tango??.
14. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?
Sorry, I have to pass! I can’t think of a famous person I’ve met … sorry.
15. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully, still performing on stage somewhere!
16. Most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you onstage?
One moment (I fall at least once in every show) was when I was performing the white cat solo for Adelaide opening night, lost my balance, and had to do a massive hop forward. Apparently it looked like I was hopping over a small child.
17. What’s your life motto?
‘Live well, love much, and laugh often’ and ‘All the world’s a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehearsed’.
18. What’s your porn star name (first pet’s name, first street name you lived in)?
19. If you hadn’t been born here, in this century, when and where would you like to have lived?
I love 40’s fashion so I wouldn’t mind living in that time.
20. What’s your biggest phobia?
I hate people pulling their earrings. I’m afraid they’ll rip their earlobe.