Is your pup a regular show-pony? The producers of Annie will be holding open auditions this Sunday, 12 February, for talented dogs to play Annie’s beloved pup ‘Sandy’ in their upcoming Brisbane season.
Eligible applicants must be well-trained, medium sized, sandy/light red coloured dogs aged between 12 months to 5 years and should head to the Cultural Centre Forecourt South Bank between 12 noon and 4pm.
The producers of Annie the Musical are hoping to find confident, outgoing dogs that are great with children and are not noise sensitive. These qualities are essential for the dogs to be able to perform in front of packed houses on a nightly basis.
One imagines it is important to avoid a repeat of what came to pass for poor Coogee, whose stage fright unfortunately got the better of him in Sydney previews.
Owners must be prepared to hand over their dog to the show’s highly qualified trainer for the duration of the Brisbane season, from the 27th Feb at the earliest.
Only dogs who are well trained prior to auditioning with the ability to learn quickly need apply.
Requirements for Dogs Auditioning:
– Dogs must be de-sexed, vaccinated, medium sized, (approx 20 kilos and 75 cm high). Medium to long haired and a sandy colour, for example, golden retriever or any other sandy or light red coloured pure breed or a Labradoodle or mixed breed.
– To give your dog every chance to impress it is important not to feed him or her on Friday night or Sat morning. And to bring their favourite food, and toy to the audition as well as a water container.
– Please bring proof of vaccination and a photo of your dog for us to keep should the dog be shortlisted.
– Dogs must be confident, outgoing, great with children and other dogs and not noise sensitive.
– Dogs must be over 12 months and under 5 years old.
– Dogs must be well trained prior to auditioning with the ability to learn quickly.
– Owners must be prepared to hand over the dog to the highly qualified trainer for the duration of the Brisbane season (from at the earliest 27th Feb, dependent on training levels, to 13th May) for a nominal fee per week.
SANDY AUDITION DETAILS:
Venue: Cultural Forecourt, South Bank (Riverside of QPAC)
Season: Sunday 12th February
Audition Time: 12 Noon to 4pm
Registration: Registration forms will be available for owners to fill in on arrival
Enquiries should be directed to [email protected]
To book tickets to Annie at QPAC’s Lyric Theatre go to www.qpac.com.au or phone 136 246.