Once the Musical will finally receive its Sydney premiere as part of the Darlinghurst Theatre Company’s 2019 season in a production directed by Richard Carroll.
The musical played a critically acclaimed Melbourne season at the Princess Theatre in 2014/15, but did not tour, much to the disappointment of theatre lovers throughout the country.
Once is a tender love story of a struggling Irish musician on the verge of giving up and a piano-playing Czech immigrant who reminds him how to dream.
Featuring an outstanding ensemble of performers playing instrumentals live on stage, Once is a modern-day musical that reminds us of the power of music to connect us all. The musical comprises of songs from the critically-acclaimed film of the same name, including the Oscar-winning song ‘Falling Slowly’.
Once will play at The Eternity Playhouse from 26 June to 21 July, 2019.
The Darlinghurst season announcement also includes:
- Caroline O’Connor in The Rise and Fall of Little Voice. 1 – 24 February
- Russian Transport by Erika Sheffer. 9 – 31 March
- Punch Me in the Stomach – Again! by Deb Filler & Alison Summers. 3 – 14 April
- Small Mouth Sounds by Jo Turner. 3 – 26 May
- Rainbow’s End by Jane Harrison. 10 Aug – 1 Sept
- The God of Isaac by James Sherman. 5 – 22 Sept
- Pussy Monologues director & lead writer Victoria Midwinter Pitt. 9 Nov – 1 Dec
- The inaugural Darlinghurst Theatre Comedy Fest, Comedy Kiki. 27 Feb – 1 March
For more information and ticket details visit: Darlinghursttheatre.com