The week that was:
- Opera Australia and GFO’s production of Anything Goes celebrated 100 shows on Saturday night after their official Sydney opening at the Opera House on Tuesday, September 8.
- Tickets for the Melbourne season of The Sound of Music are now on sale and auditions for the Sydney von Trapp children took place last week.
- The official tour dates for the Australian production of We Will Rock You have been confirmed -beginning at Sydney’s Lyric Theatre on 30 April 2016, the show will move to the Lyric Theatre, QPAC, Brisbane from 3 July; Melbourne’s Regent Theatre from 30 August; Perth’s Crown Theatre follows from 16 November; then the Festival Theatre, Adelaide from 3 January, 2017.
- Fiddler on the Roof is returning to Australia from December 2015 thanks to producer Tim Lawson. Anthony Warlow has been confirmed to star as Tevye and further casting will be announced soon. The show is slated to open at Melbourne’s Princess Theatre on December 29.
- The cast for the next Neglected Musical – The Goodbye Girl – was announced this week.
- Australia’s newest blockbuster musical Strictly Ballroom opened at QPAC on 9 September and is currently selling until 17 October.
- The official word from the Les Miserables camp this week was that their charity fundraiser Beyond Miserables raised a grand total of $93,943.19 for beyondblue. An incredible achievement!
What to watch out for Next Week:
- The six Rob Guest Endowment finalists for 2015 are set to be confirmed early next week. Keep your eyes peeled!
Now Playing & Coming Soon:
New South Wales:
Matilda the Musical – Now playing at Sydney Lyric Theatre
Les Miserables – Now Playing at the Capitol Theatre until 18 October.
Transferring to QPAC, QLD from 10 November.
Anything Goes – Now Playing at the Sydney Opera House.
High Society – Now playing at the Hayes Theatre.
The Lion King – Now playing at the Regent Theatre Melbourne until 1 November.
Transferring to the Crown Theatre, WA from 18 November.
Strictly Ballroom – Now playing at QPAC
Dirty Dancing – Transferring to Adelaide Festival Centre, S.A. from 2 October.
Did we miss something or is there something you would like included in next weeks column? Leave a comment below or send us an email through our contact page.